Faculty Technology Support
Academic and Research Tools:
- Deliver assessments via the LMS using Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor, this can be used for both in-person and online courses
- WordPress web development platform can be used to create and maintain a unique online presence for individuals and groups/research projects/centers
- Scan and score Scantron exams, includes item analysis with ReMark
- Microsoft Office365 is a suite of collaboration tools including email, calendar, groups available anywhere with a network connection
- Draw attention to your projected screen from anywhere in the room with Doceri, features can be used to highlight, annotate, and draw on the screen while capturing the session recording so it can be viewed later.
- AirShare can be used to wirelessly connect your device and share your display with an audience; multiple devices can be shared at once
- TurningPoint software captures immediate feedback from every student within the classroom to identify student comprehension, engage students, and enhance classroom participation via clickers or mobile devices.
- Create, learn, collaborate, and communicate with the Surface Hub
- Respond to faculty requests for portable AV equipment to be delivered
- Our instructional technology team collaborates with faculty, departments and schools to explore ways that instructional and informational technology can be used effectively to enhance learning and promote adoption of tools that support strategic initiatives.
- Faculty 1:1 workshops and tutorials are available via in-person and remote sessions.
- Canvas LMS is an open source, mobile-friendly learning platform that can be used to deliver course content.
- Our direct partnership with CELT fosters dialogue and innovation with university stakeholders through events like Brown Bag workshops and new faculty orientation fair.
Media Capture and Creation
- One Button Studio is a streamlined video recording studio available to users who have little to no prior experience producing video content
- iPad camera kits make it incredibly easy to capture and download video and photo content to be used with interview scenarios and other related projects
- Digital storytelling accentuates skills in writing, digital media production, and design and can be a powerful instructional tool for both students and faculty embedded into assignments; we offer workshops to classes in preparation for class projects using tools like Adobe Premiere
- ShareStream video platform provides media management and secure video streaming services with closed-captioning that can be used not only to store and stream your content, but can also be integrated within Canvas assignments to capture student video submissions.
- YuJa active learning platform is easily used to curate video-based instructional content, lecture capture and mobile-friendly tools.
- Adobe Premiere Pro can be used by anyone to edit video or make a movie from scratch. This is widely used in digital storytelling workshops and can be partnered easily with other Adobe Creative Cloud tools.
- Adobe Presenter and Adobe Captivate tools can be used to transform your PowerPoint slides and lectures into interactive eLearning content through embedded quizzes, assets and SCORM modules.
Replicate objects, create prototypes and develop 3D imaging projects. We administer this product and provide training, support, maintenance and replenish supplies.
Adobe Creative Cloud
Access to the entire collection of Adobe desktop and mobile apps that can be used across disciplines and multiple academic projects. Examples include: Digital storytelling using Adobe Premiere; design and plan video projects/assignments; Adobe Captivate and Adobe Presenter/Presenter Express used to create videos and interactive material; Adobe Illustrator, Media Encoder and Audition; Spark Workshops. We providing training and support for using the products.
Former LMS; We administer and currently use to assist with 1:1 content migrations.
Cloud-based file storage, sharing and collaboration tool. We provide training on Box sync, Box for Office and Box edit; including file storage and collaboration best practices related to department box resources accounts, sharing permissions and planned migration of content to Box and liaison with TS-Box Admin on advanced user issues.
Employee performance management tool used to offer faculty/staff/HR/Training Wave and other non-academic training and certification courses. We administer FTL sub-account within Bridge and liaison with TS-Security Team (administrators).
Canvas LMS (Instructure)
Learning Management System (LMS); connects courseware and digital tools/resources instructors use in one-easy-to-access location for students. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Course publishing and training registration tool used to promote and manage Training program registration and feedback. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Digital Textbook Content
Textbook publishers provide digital textbook content and interactive graded content via integrations within the LMS. Publishers include: MyLab and Mastering/Pearson, McGrawHill Connect, Cengage and Wiley. We facilitate the LMS integration and provide troubleshooting and training for issues within our environment. .
Interactive whiteboard for the iPad, also combines screencasting and desktop remote control. We provide training and troubleshooting.
Blackboard Collaborate Browser-based video and web conferencing tool can be used within Canvas courses and as a standalone tool, includes whiteboarding and annotating, recorded sessions and collaboration. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Browser- and app-based video conferencing tool. We provide training. Drupal Content Management System used to develop University's primary website presence. We provide training for content editors.
Digital credentialing development and tracking tool used to showcase user achievements and badging. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Epson large format printer
Creates professional quality poster, banners, and large-format printed material. We administer this product and provide training, support, maintenance and replenish supplies.
Web resource guide for Academic technology tools and users who have questions; includes BIA subsite. Guide.tulane.edu website support faculty in adopting technologies that advance teaching and learning. Weather it's to learn about the new approaches to delivering an online assessment or to consult about an innovative technology, faculty can find valuable information on Guide.tulane.edu. The site is designed with all Tulane constituents (Faculty, Students, Staff) in mind who are searching for information to resolve or find answers to their particular issue/instance. We curate content and manage/edit this site.
Learning resource tool that provides instructional content users can access via podcast. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Microsoft Surface Hub
Multi-touch collaboration device using onboard camera and mic to collaborate in person or remotely and also provides Office365 functionality. We provide training and setup assistance.
One Button Studio
Easy-to-use digital video production studio that captures and produce video without prior knowledge of video production tools. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Planned participation with a department, school or group to facilitate deployment of one of the academic tools for a specific identified use-case. Examples include: Tunica Games testing; Grade Pass-Back tool; UDL/Accessibility at Tulane including Hiroku app development; Sub-Account Admin training related to BluePrint courses and other tools; Noodle course development; Mediasite development.
Robust research and data collection tool used for surveys, polls and feedback in multiple use-cases. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor
Custom browser that locks down the testing environment and monitors student activity within an online exam providing a proctored exam environment. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Optical scanning and data recognition tool used to scan exam answer sheets (bubble sheets) and provide robust data and reporting through the ReMark software. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Video Platform for Education; secure media streaming and sharing platform for audio/video files; can be used within Canvas assignments or as a standalone streaming tool; includes captioning and archiving. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Turning Technologies (Turning Point)
Audience feedback and response using Turning Point software with clickers and/or mobile devices via ResponseWare. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Turnitin Feedback Studio
Originality and plagiarism detection tool, can be used within Canvas assignments or as a standalone feedback tool. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Plagiarism detection tool that detects same or similar content can be used with Canvas assignments. Pilot phase. We administer this product and provide training and support.
- Bb Collaborate
- Lecture capture/room capture tools
Watson (IBM BlueMix)
Artificial intelligence platform that provides natural language processing integrated within ShareStream for captioning. We administer this product (and provide training and support.)
Website hosting and development tool for faculty, individuals, centers, and groups to publicly display their work and interests beyond the departmental website in a secure environment. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Cloud-based enterprise video platform enabling lecture capture, live streaming, synchronous video classrooms and video management and distribution, includes captioning. We administer this product and provide training and support.
Browser-and app-based video and web conferencing tool can be used within Canvas courses and as a standalone tool, includes annotating, recorded sessions, and collaboration. We provide training for this tool.