Tulane IT provides faculty with technology, software and support needed to enhance teaching and augment course lessons in the classroom.
Post Hurricane Ida
IT has resumed services to help support our faculty as they temporarily transition to online teaching. Please find remote faculty resources listed below.
Our Innovative Learning Center's teaching resource guide provides information you need to successfully teach remotely, and includes trainings, office hours, self-paced courses, tutorials, and more.
A self-paced Canvas course that highlights the teaching technology available to Tulane faculty.
A self-paced Canvas course that guides you through teaching, learning and working from anywhere, including how to manage your Zoom classes, recordings, and content.
A self-pace Canvas course designed to help you improve your online teaching skills.
View our guide to learning, teaching, and working remotely.
View our quick guide to determine if your Tulane application or website requires a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection in order to connect from outside the Tulane network.
If you are experiencing issues with your VPN, you may need to uninstall and reinstall it:
The Wifi reservation system was created to assure faculty members have a space to access WiFi in order to teach online classes post natural disaster while campus operations prepare to reopen Tulane campuses.
Follow the on screen instructions below the “Reserve Temporary Online Instruction Space” button. Please limit your reservations to the time needed for your classes.
This system is intended only for those who have to come to campus to teach.
There are currently 72 reservable spaces in Goldring-Woldenberg (Freeman School of Business) and 33 in the Tidewater building (School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine).
More may be added as space becomes available.
The LBC remains open for those who wish to use the internet for research or other purposes.
- Access email
- Set your password
- Set up your voicemail-Uptown
- Set up your voicemail-Downtown
- Install free Microsoft 365 (includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote and 1 Terabyte of storage via OneDrive)
- Set up multifactor authentication with Duo
- Download and install free Trend Micro OfficeScan anti-virus software from e-Academy
- Academic Alert/Class
- Active Assignments
- Assignment History
- Box cloud file storage
- Bridge Training
- Class Schedule
- Cognos Finance Reporting
- Cognos Student Reporting
- Course Evaluations
- Digital Measures
- Duo Multifactor Authentication
- EBS (TAMS, HCM and E-IT)
- Employee Self-Service
- ILC-Innovative Learning Center
- Academic Technology Support Services (ATSS)
- CELT-Center for Engaged Learning & Teaching
- Goldman Center for student accessibility
- Guide for academic software and integrations
- IT supported classrooms and equipment
- Library Research Guides
- Register for training
- Qualtrics survey software
- Technology Support Overview